Hereafter Chauffeur Cars shall be known as the ‘Company’ and the representative confirming shall be known as the ‘Hirer’. It will be deemed that the Hirer accepts responsibility by him/herself for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the conditions of hire as follows:
1. All bookings are by pre booking only and must be confirmed by fax, email, or telephone to an office staff member at the company, confirmations to drivers shall not be accepted and deemed invalid, For the booking to be confirmed by us you will be issued a job reference number, this will be the final and affirmative signal that the booking is accepted and will go ahead. If no reference has been sent the booking is deemed as not booked and Chauffeur Cars OR We Chauffeur you will bear no responsibility for missed flights, trains, missed appointments or meetings however caused.
2. Payment for all bookings shall be pre-paid unless management has authorised status “account” for that particular client or business, where the client has account status pre agreed, payment terms will be discussed at account set up and approved by management and an account authority letter will be sent and approved but no further than 30 days payment required from the date of first journey. Late payments settled outside the agreed period will incur a 10% late payment charge per month and a discretional £15 administration charge per invoice. Cash, cheque and EFT payments are accepted but in the case of invoicing, credit will be given, if authorised, to a maximum of 30 days unless prior agreement has been arranged. Debit cards are accepted at a rate of £2.00 per booking and Credit cards are accepted at a rate of 4% handling fee whilst Amex also attracts a 4% fee. Cheques should be made payable to We Chauffeur You and posted to the head office address and shall arrive 7 days before payment due.
3. Waiting time is charged at after a period of 15 minutes after the designated pick up time in all cases except after a period of more than 30 minutes in the cases of airport pick ups. Charged waiting time thereafter is rounded up to the next 30 min period plus any expenses incurred for that journey and charged at cost plus £40ph. If for any reason a vehicle is late for more than 30 minutes after the agreed pick up time there will be no charge in total for that requested journey by We Chauffeur you Except for delays in adverse traffic, major incidents and severe weather climates, the directors decision will be final please see our complaints procedure for more details.
4. On special occasion hire days, e.g, Daily hire including sporting events (Ascot, Silverstone, Wimbledon) Weddings, funerals and international travel- payment in full must be received by the company at least 30 days before the date of hire unless otherwise agreed. If payment is not received by that date, and without verbal communication the booking will automatically be cancelled and your deposit retained.
5. In the event of other cancellations, the company would retain any deposit paid plus full payment (if made) if said cancellations apply to special occasions and within 28 days of event however in unavoidable circumstance deposits and fee’s may be refunded at the discretion of the Company. The directors decision will be final in all cases.
6. No refund will be given on full payments made when cancelling a booked and confirmed car with less than 48 hours notice of any booking
7. The Company shall accept no responsibility for adverse weather conditions (i.e. snow, flooding etc), which may cause delay or cancellation of a booking by the hirer,
8. Whilst every effort is afforded to the serviceability of the vehicles, the Company shall not be responsible for mechanical, electrical or material breakdown how so ever caused. In this unlikely event the Company shall make every reasonable effort to repair the vehicle so that the journey can continue or the Hirer will be transferred to another vehicle(s) and any reasonable extra cost incurred will be borne by the Company. Note: in the event of conditions 7 and 9 or any other breakdown and/or accident, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for missed connections and/or functions how so ever caused.
9. In the event of a breakdown or accident to the vehicle booked prior to the date of booking every effort will be made to supply a similar or alternative vehicle/s at the Company’s discretion. If this is not acceptable to the Hirer the Company shall refund monies paid to a maximum of 90% less the value of cost of the replacement vehicle.
10. All equipment is operated at the driver’s discretion. The driver has full control of all electrical equipment and will terminate usage if misuse occurs.
11. Abuse and/or physical violence will not be tolerated and will result in the company prosecuting the HIRER. All acts of this nature are reported to the police and Private Hire association and are likely to lead to ‘Black Listing’ by Taxi, Mini Cab and Limousine companies and no monies will be refunded
12. The consumption of food/food products and such like shall not be permitted inside the vehicle.
13. The company reserves the right at any time to change/replace or renew the vehicle/s booked or advertised in order to maintain the Companies high standard. The replacement vehicle would be of the same type and colour as originally booked although this may not always be possible, discounts will be given accordingly. Any replacement will be duly notified to the Hirer.
14. The supply of alcoholic drinks by the Company is illegal and shall not be asked to supply any alcoholic drink in any form. Hirers are permitted to supply their own drinks by prior arrangement with the Company. Any person under the age of 18 will not be permitted to carry or consume ANY alcoholic drinks within the vehicle.
15. The Hirer (as signed below) shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused both inside and outside the vehicle/(s) by the hirer or any member of his/her party, how so ever caused. This includes incitement to ANY third party, which results in damage to the vehicle or its contents. The Hirer hereby agrees to be liable for the total retail cost of the repair and the company will determine the location of the repairer. In addition, the Hirer will be liable to pay to the Company a fixed daily rate (determined by the Company) while the vehicle is out of service for such repairs, plus any further incurred losses i.e. by lost bookings.
16. The company at no time takes responsibility for Hirer’s or any member of his/her parties items/goods used or left in the vehicle/s. The Hirer must make sure all items/goods belonging to the Hirer or any of his/her party members are removed at the end of each rental term. Employees of the Company cannot hold/store/safeguard any items for the Hirer or his/her party.
17. The Company or its representative (e.g., Chauffeur) reserves the right to refuse entry to the vehicle to any person/persons they deem unfit for whatsoever reason and can refuse to continue the journey if any person/persons behave in a manner which may be detrimental to other persons or to the vehicle and its contents. In this event no refund will be given.
18. A £120 valeting (cleaning) charge will be levied through misuse by the Hirer from food, drink or illness or whatever the retail cost may be if in excess of this amount to rectify said damage caused.
19. Any extra requests or alterations to the booking (including but not limited to additional pickup points, change of venue causing extra mileage or time) not made at the time of the booking/confirmation cannot necessarily be fulfilled, although every effort will be made to meet these requirements. Any Pick up/Drop off points not listed on the booking form are chargeable.
20. Once a booking is made and confirmed by the Hirer and deposit paid, the price quoted to the Hirer will not be subject to alternation unless there is any deviation from the details of the booking (see condition 19).
21. Hire time will be deemed to have started at the time the vehicle/(s) leave the Company’s premises to the time that they return. (variable)
22. The Hirer is liable for all glassware breakages at a replacement cost of £5 per glass.
23. Due to mandatory government legislation and licensing restrictions all the limousines of the Company have been designated NON SMOKING. Any violation of this policy will make the hire contract invalid and the Company will retain all monies and the hire contract will be terminated immediately.
Management reserve the right to alter or change the these terms and conditions without notice and continuation or booking of service will assume acceptance of terms and conditions.